About Me

My photo
I am a 44 year old resident of the beautiful Bemidji area. I have been here since 1985 and have really come to call this home.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Get ready, Get Set...GO!!!


Life comes at you fast doesn't it? Now that I'm nearing graduation it's time to start the job search! In THIS economy??!! YIKES! That said, the bills need paid. As soon as I get ahead on homework I'm going to start "padding" my resume a bit. You know, the things that look good to prospective employers like actual work experience, volunteering or special special seminars or workshops you have taken. I'm HORRIBLY deficient in all of these things at the moment but I do have options I'm thinking about.

I just need to get my act together, manage what little time I have better and get out there and get these things under my belt.

It's unlikely that I will land my "dream job" right out of the gate but everyone has to start somewhere, don't they? It's not like you start right at the top or anything. You've got to enter an organization as the first rung on the ladder and hopefully work your way up from there!

I've got the skills and the creativity, now all I have to do is PROVE that to somebody!  That's "all" I have to do.  It's huge undertaking but it's also the rest of my life, so I gotta do this right!

No comments:

Post a Comment